About Me

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Last Blog from Austin...

didn't get a chance to upload this post yesterday :)

It’s moving day!  While the movers are packing up the truck, thought I’d take the time to write a quick blog update since I haven’t had time the past week or so.

First of all…. This being our 5th move in 5 years (an apartment, condo, house, two houses in Austin, and now back to CLT) I consider myself somewhat of a pro.  However…. I have never had to pack up a house without a little glass of wine while doing so, not been able to drink caffeine to keep me motivated, and definitely haven’t had morning sickness start on the day of the move.  Moving is pretty bad all the time.  Moving while pregnant… let’s just say it doesn’t exactly make it easier!

What does though is having parents in town to help!  My mom and dad had planned to come to Austin for my birthday/Easter weekend and my Catholic Confirmation before we even planned on moving, so it was fantastic (for us at least!) that they were here to help us pack up some boxes last weekend as well!  Soooo thankful for them!  We didn’t work the whole time though! 

 
 
A beautiful day for wine tasting, a picnic lunch, and shopping in Fredericksburg!  Spent the most time/$$ in an adorable store that was all for dogs… shocking I know ;)  they even had dog Bo-Jangles treats!
 

Our church in Austin where I was confirmed as a Catholic at Easter Vigil last Saturday night.  The most beautiful mass I’ve ever attended.  It’s a long service (two and a half hours!) but so symbolic, moving, and just incredibly special.
 

Baby A update:  I definitely have a little bump you can see in certain clothes now (which I’m pretty sure was made much larger by all of the great food we had this weekend!)  Currently, Patrick is making fun of me for purchasing a fetal heart monitor.  I don’t care one bit though because this is the best purchase I’ve made J  For $30 on Amazon, I can use this device to hear my baby’s heartbeat as often as I want at home (which may or may not be used every day currently…)  It’s a small machine with headphones attached that you put a gel on the bottom of and move over your stomach until you find the heartbeat.  The baby isn’t really moving around yet, so once I found it the first time, I knew where to place it going forward.  The hardest part about being pregnant for me thus far has been not “feeling” pregnant… I wasn’t showing, hadn’t felt nauseous (until today) and obviously the baby isn’t big enough to move yet.  Since you only get ultrasounds once a month in the beginning, I was just worrying all the time about knowing that the baby was still there, heart beating, etc.  This has been a lifesaver!  
I can’t wait to go next week in Charlotte for my next appointment.  Patrick will get to come with me too, which I’m really excited for since he was out of town and didn’t get to come to the first ultrasound.

Time to finish packing up the car and hit the road… We’ll be driving the next three days to North Carolina!!! Next blog update will be from the East Coast J

Until then!  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment