About Me

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

3 Month update!


Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season!  Now it’s time to bundle up and start 2014!  We had a busy and wonderful Christmas seeing my family and family/friends in Cary and High Point.  Aubrey was a champ being away from home for a full week, I am so proud of her and feel blessed she’s still so adaptable to her surroundings.

It’s so hard for me to believe Aubrey is already 3 months old.  It seems like she grows and changes every day – she went through a major growth spurt last week – and while it’s incredible to see what each day holds, I truly want to freeze time.  I just hold her and watch her sleep sometimes at night after she falls asleep nursing and I really think I could stare at her all night long… I just don’t want to miss a thing!

Weight/height/details:  I’m not sure of her length – at her appointment 4 weeks ago she was 22 ¾ inches but she has definitely grown since then.  She weighs 11 lbs 8 oz and is getting some baby rolls on her thighs which I’m obsessed with… WHY are the baby rolls soo adorable.  (And WHY are they not adorable on new mommies? Lol)

Milestones:  She’s rolling over!  From stomach to back going right and left.  She can also prop herself completely upright when on her stomach with her hands.  She’s still kicking and talking like crazy and makes new noises every day.  She’ll also put her hands together now and loves grabbing onto anything.  She smiles constantly, and responds to us talking or faces we make at her. 

Sleep:  Still sleeping about 5-6 hours consistently for her long stretch at night.  She’s slept from 10 to 7 a few times but not with any regularity.  I am trying to get her naptime in her crib at least once, trying for twice a day and she really goes down without a fuss the majority of the time.  It’s very obvious when she’s tired, it’s as if a switch was flipped and her eyes are tired, she rubs them, and starts trying to snuggle anything she’s around.  She loves snuggling a little blanket or animal now which is super cute.

Loves/Hates:  Still loves bath time, the mornings when I get her out of her crib, when I sing to her, her Ocean play yard, any type of light up/musical toy, being sung to, kicking, sucking on her fingers, when we makes her “dance”…. She kinda just loves her life, like I said, she’s a very happy baby!  HATES: being cold, having her diaper changed in the middle of the night if needed… that’s really it for now!
 

Other:  Activities: We started Kindermusic – a weekly music class with other moms and babies up to one year old.  We sing, use different noise instruments, dance… Aubrey loves it, she stays engaged and awake the whole time!  The Morrison library has a baby story time which we went to for the first time this week which was really fun.  Also started taking her to the YMCA child center while I work out now that she’s a little older.  I’m looking forward to getting into a routine with her now that the December craziness is over!
loving snuggle time :)
 



 


 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment